Thursday, July 5, 2007

livin large

What's up everyone I'm Kevin Logan from the small town of Arlington, Va which is about five minutes outside of DC. My first couple days at PSU have been far from boring but I did run into a couple of unexpected twists. The frats here or should I say fraternities (the brothers grow angry at the word frat) have always been a main attraction of mine growing up a Nittany Lion. My Dad was a member of Sigma Pi here and has his name, Cliff Logan, written in blood on one of the walls in the basement. Judging from driving down frat row a half dozen times on college trips, I knew that come sophomore year, there was no other place in the world I would want to live than in one of those stunning mansions. I mean c'mon, they're incredible with their huge columns and fancy Greek letters and what not. Yes, I've come to realize that the outside of these places are definitely something to drool over, but the inside is a far different story. The fraternities here were basically built to party at, not live in. You walk in and there are certain substances all over the floor and more cigarette butts than actual people partying. People will intentionally spill their drinks and if not that then find other clever ways to trash the place. I checked the bathroom out and was greeted with a nice display of an overturned trashcan and puke all up in the stalls. I did not use that bathroom. Props have to go out to Chi Phi for their lounge area though but that's about all that caught my eye. Oh and the outdoor scene they had was pretty happening. Lastly, the heat situation is a major problem. Once they begin getting crowded the houses become sauna. Now that I've stated my opinion on fraternity living here at Penn State I guess I have to answer the question you've all been waiting for. Will Kevin go Greek?

Of course I will.

No comments: