Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry who?

With the recent release of the new Harry Potter move (I’m not going to look up the name because I could care less) there's definitely been a certain buzz on campus. Why is everyone so infatuated with a four eyed teen who rides around his little wizard school on a broom? Is he running late for class or what? I mean, I guess his lightning bolt tat is pretty cool? I remember walking into the theatre for the premiere of the sorcerer’s stone, and then walking in the opposite direction as soon as I saw hundreds of people dressed up as the freaks of nature depicted in the film. Harry Pothead has just always bugged me out and I can't get over everyone's obsession. If you're into the series types of movies, get into star wars, die hard, the godfather even scream. My niece is a big harry potter fan, she's 6. But should college students be fans? C'mon guys be real. If you want to see some people flying around on broomsticks I'd suggest Wizard of OZ or Hocus Pocus. Those just never get old. Who doesn't love the tin man? I have to say though; my Dad is a huge Potter fan. Whenever the books come out he sits on the couch and knocks em down. He doesn't stop to breathe just keeps reading about weirdos. The series just seems so childish to me. In the next book, I want to see Lord Voldermort take over Hogwarts. They should make him the Don over there. There'd be no more misbehaving and no more using magic in the goddamn classroom. That's against the wizard law and just because you a cool tattoo doesn't justify deviance. Lord Voldermort would show these little brats whose boss and excel their academic careers so they will get accepted to Penn State. Harry needs to take a sabbatical until everyone is saying Harry who?

No comments: